It looks like Harvey Weinstein’s accusers may finally get some of the justice they deserve, as the disgraced film producer is set to be facing court following the string of sexual misconduct allegations against him.
If we are to believe the latest reports, Manhattan DA Cy Vance Jr. is preparing a criminal case to present to a grand jury very soon.
This new development is partly thanks to Paz de la Huerta’s “credible” allegations…
Actress Paz de la Huerta has publicly identified herself as the woman who reported being raped by Weinstein in back 2010. She made the call on October 26 this year.
Last week, Vanity Fair also published her interview about being raped by him on two separate occasions…
“Things got very uncomfortable very fast,” the actress told Vanity Fair about the incident.
“Immediately when we got inside the house, he started to kiss me and I kind of brushed him away.
“Then he pushed me onto the bed and his pants were down and he lifted up my skirt. I felt afraid. It wasn’t consensual. It happened very quickly. He stuck himself inside me.
“When he was done he said he’d be calling me. I kind of just laid on the bed in shock.”
A few days ago, the NYPD announced that detectives were busy gathering evidence against Harvey Weinstein for a possible rape charge. Cy Vance Jr. is reportedly making plans to present a case “as early as next week” and seek an indictment.
Beverly Hills police have also opened at least two investigations into Harvey Weinstein. They haven’t provided any more details of the investigations they are currently undergoing, but have urged any potential victims or witnesses to come forward.
We’ll let you know how this all unfolds.