President Donald Trump’s controversial exec-order regarding immigration remains suspended after the 9th Circuit Court’s decision on Sunday morning.
The federal appeals court basically allowed those individuals previously banned from entering the United States to do so for at least another day, i.e. until Monday.
The US Court of Appeals for the 9th circuit chose to retain Judge Robart’s temporary halting of the immigration ban and the decision will remain in place at least until tomorrow, when the Justice Department will probably elevate the dispute further to the Supreme Court.
Until President Trump’s administration will reinstate the barring of refugees and individuals from 7 countries in the Middle East, travelers will be able to enter the United States at least until Monday, February 6th.
Government lawyers tried to appeal a federal court on Sunday for reinstating Trump’s executive order barring immigration, but the 9th Circuit Court denied the initial bid after a lower federal court judge put a temporary halt to the travel ban.
According to the appeals court, challengers to the ban must file a response until 3 AM Eastern on Monday whilst Trump’s representatives, i.e. the Justice Department will have to reply to the respective response until 6 PM.
A Justice Department spokesman, Peter Carr respectively, said that the White House lawyers will have to respect the schedule established by the appeals court until their next move.
“With the fast briefing schedule the appeals court laid out, we do not plan to ask the Supreme Court for an immediate stay but instead let the appeals process play out,”
President Trump said about the federal courts (the ones in heavily leaning DEM states like California, New York etc) which are blocking various aspects of his executive order with regard to banning refugees and people from certain countries,that, let me quote:
“The judge opens up our country to potential terrorists and others that do not have our best interests at heart. Bad people are very happy!”
Vice President Mike Pence was interviewed on Sunday by Meet the Press and he stated that President Donald Trump is operating within his authority as president and he complies with the statutory law and the Constitution.
“We’re very confident that we’re going to prevail. We’ll accomplish the stay and will win the case on the merits. But again, the focus here is on the safety and security of the American people.”
Source: Washington Post