According to missile defense experts, more than half of mainland US is now within range of the latest North Korean ICBMs. The Friday ICBM test performed by the rogue Pyongyang regime worried former CIA boss Bruce Klingner, who said that big parts of the continental US including cities like Boston and New York may now be in danger, as they’re in range of North Korean intercontinental ballistic missiles.
The latest missile fired by the North Korean military which landed in the Sea of Japan Friday revealed a very high launch-trajectory and according to preliminary data, things are getting dead-serious, literally. Here’s what a senior scientist and co-director for the Global Security Program at the Union of Concerned Scientists had to say about the issue:
“Looks like it pretty much can get to New York, Boston and probably falls just short of Washington,”
said for CNBC Mr. David Wright. The ICBM tested on Friday traveled a distance of 600 miles and flew for 47 minutes, reaching an altitude as high as 2300 miles, according to data received from South Korean military. David Wright, who among other things is a technical arms control specialist and a physicist described the launch as a massive step forward for the North Korean ICBM program. Judging from empirical data gathered so far, he theorize that this type of missile (the one tested on Friday) may very well reach a range of 6500 miles or more on a standard trajectory.
According to the former boss of CIA’s Korea branch Bruce Klingner:
“Details are still preliminary, but it does look like the missile flew higher and for a longer duration than than July Fourth launch,” “It’s clearly an ICBM, and it would put more of the continental U.S. at risk.”
He also claimed about Friday tests that, let me quote again:
“clearly show the range is more capable than some people were giving it credit for.”
Following the crazy fat kid’s latest test, both South Korean and US military officially considered military options. Commander of U.S. Pacific Command, Adm. Harry Harris was joined by Marine Corps Gen. Joseph Dunford and they had a discussion with Gen. Lee Sun-jin, chairman of the South Korean Joint Chiefs of Staff:
“During the call, Dunford and Harris expressed the ironclad commitment to the U.S.-Republic of Korea alliance. The three leaders also discussed military response options,
Photo: KCNA | AFP | Getty Images