The North Korean regime vowed a quick and swift response to the reckless US Navy move, i.e. President Trump’s decision to deploy a naval strike group to the Korean peninsula on Tuesday.
The strike group has been deployed as a show of force, raising tensions in the region and making a lot of people nervous (especially that crazy fat kid Kim), and it includes the Nimitz class Carl Vinson aircraft carrier.
Obviously, the Pyongyang regime was not very happy learning that America’s best military gear will be sunbathing on its shores, and it denounced in harsh terms the deployment of the US strike group, warning President Trump and the American people that North Korea, a country which cannot feed its own people and it’s incapable of building simple things, like automobiles, is “ready for war”.
As President Trump is starting tightening the screws on Kim Jong-un’s despotic regime, the North Koreans are increasingly nervous, especially after Friday’s Tomahawk strike on Syria, a move who put Donald Trump on the geo-political map for the first time into his young presidency.
North Korea’s foreign ministry spoke with the state news agency on Monday and he was quoted as saying:
This goes to prove that the US reckless moves for invading the DPRK have reached a serious phase.The DPRK is ready to react to any mode of war desired by the US,
DPRK is the official name of North Korea, i.e. Democratic People’s Republic of Korea. After the Tomahawk strike on the Syrian airfield, President Trump has asked his advisers to present him with various options to rein in Kim Jong-un’s totalitarian regime which seems to have gone rogue lately.
The White House has threatened unilateral action against North Korea previously, that if China which is the one and only ally of North Korea fails to curb Kim Jong’s nuclear weapons plans.
However, North Korea’s foreign minister doesn’t seem to comprehend what’s happening in the world in 2017:
“We will take the toughest counteraction against the provocateurs in order to defend ourselves by powerful force of arms.We will hold the US wholly accountable for the catastrophic consequences to be entailed by its outrageous actions.”
Rex Tillerson, the US Secretary of State said after President Trump’s summit with his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping last week:
“(We) are prepared to chart our own course if this is something China is just unable to coordinate with us,”
while US National Security Adviser (gen.) McMaster told Fox News on Sunday:
“Pre-emptive strikes may be aimed at resolving North Korea’s nuclear problems, but for us, it is also related to defending the safety of the public,”
AFP Photo/MCS 3rd Class Matt BROWN